Qualité Tourisme ™ is a brand that brings together the rigorous quality procedures undertaken by tourism professionals. This process is voluntary.
The Qualité Tourisme brand was created in 2005 by the State (Ministry in charge of Tourism).
It may concern the following sectors:
- Cafes, brasseries
- Congress Palace
- Seasonal rental agencies
- Places of visit
- Sports and leisure activities
- Tourist offices
The right to use the Qualité Tourisme mark is granted for a period of three years : then the audit must be repeated..
The 5 commitments to follow
5 commitments to be followed have been determined and are common to each sector:
- Communication and information : complete, precise and up-to-date information, available on the media used by customers; quality internal and external signage.
- Know-how and interpersonal skills : professionalism, practice of foreign languages, advice, friendly and courteous welcome, availability throughout the service
- Comfort and cleanliness : impeccable comfort, cleanliness and hygiene of reception areas, equipment, furniture and outdoor spaces
- Sustainable development and tourism development of territories : environmental management, socio-economic dimension, regional integration, development of local resources
- Quality of service : elements of comfort and services raising the general level of the quality of service and customer satisfaction
What has Quality Tourism brought us?
Communication and information:
- Awareness of the non-visible signage of the tourist office in the Village des Marques and therefore an action plan that will improve it (window sticker, change of name of the store space + work on the signage by the Village des Marques management)
- More complete information for the customer; faster research for the client, and therefore less waiting for him (eg: lists, organization of brochures, etc.)
- Constant questioning about our working methods thanks to internal meetings set up monthly: better cohesion and communication in the team, better distributed tasks, and therefore easier projects to carry out.
- The customer is well informed about the services offered by the TO thanks to the product description sheets (eg those of Steph for its brochure) => dynamic, commercial team, able to serve the customer.
Know-how & Know-how
- A foolproof professional attitude
- Harmonization for all the TO services concerning customer care (telephone and physical reception thanks to the Instruction Sheets among others)
- Better know-how thanks to the drafting of operating procedures
- Optimized versatility for everyone thanks to the existence of Operating Modes
Comfort & cleanliness
Sustainable development and tourism development of territories
- Awareness of the entire team of the issue of sustainable development
- Rational use of paper (recycling, printing on drafts as soon as possible and systematic use of both sides)
Quality of service
- Almost systematic consideration of the customer's opinion => systematic questioning
- Better promotion of in-store products (thanks to questionnaire analyzes and suggestion sheets). Better visibility, extension of the range, withdrawal of certain products not satisfying the customer => good adaptation of supply and demand
- More efficient working methods
To do what ?
- Guarantee the quality of service for customer satisfaction.
- Obtain recognition from tourism stakeholders, whether professional or institutional.
- Larger-scale goal : improve the competitiveness of the FRANCE destination
The advantages of a quality approach
- Improve the image of the establishment
- To implement more efficient management by identifying any organizational dysfunctions and remedying them through an appropriate action plan: adjustments, reorganizations, training, formalization of procedures, etc.
- To benefit from an external view on the quality of reception of its structure.
- To conduct a reflection oriented towards the "visitor" by taking stock of the expectations of the public not met.
- To increase tourism activity due to the expansion of customer targets and customer loyalty.
- Reduce costs through the increased added value of the services offered, the improvement of employee productivity and economic benefits for the company as well as for the territory