Discover the Pays Lauragais through its four emblematic themes: the Canal du Midi, the pastel, the wind and the treasures of the region.
A fun and interactive exhibition accessible to the whole family to discover and learn while having fun!
Five discovery spaces to explore and experience open every day of the year:
- The Canal du Midi, a major element of local heritage built by Pierre Paul Riquet in the XNUMXth century, reveals all its secrets here...
- Pastel, from its harvest to its dyeing: you will know everything about this dye plant with multiple uses which made the wealth of Lauragais, Pays de Cocagne in the XNUMXth and XNUMXth centuries
-The soil: attics of agricultural production, the hillsides of Lauragais offer a rich heritage and ancestral know-how which are revealed to you here, without forgetting the secrets of its cassoulet!
- The winds: Autan, Cers, Bordales… discover the winds that blow over our land of a thousand hills, the methods of measuring their strength and the devices for transforming their energy
- A projection room to immerse yourself in our "little Tuscany" and the varied landscapes of Haute-Garonne.
A QR code, present on each element of the exhibition, provides access to additional information in French, English and Spanish.
Guided tours (paying) for adult and school groups are available by appointment.
FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
- The reception is located at the Espace Tourisme of the "Comptoir du Lauragais" shop located in the parking lot of the Port-Lauragais area, 200 m from the Espace Découverte. Parking spaces are located 30 meters from the shop.
- The Espace Découverte (exhibition space) is 200 meters away. A gentle slope allows access for people in wheelchairs.
- Guided tours in sign language are possible by reservation.
- Adapted guided tours are available, upon reservation, for people with cognitive impairment.
- A QR Code, present on each element of the exhibition, links to a web page where you can consult information on the themes of the exhibition.
- A soundtrack also allows a discovery tour of the different themes.
- A map of the Espace Découverte and a document to help with the visit are available on request at the reception of the "Comptoir du Lauragais" shop.
- AN ADAPTED DOCUMENT (IN ENLARGED PRINT AND/OR IN FALC) IS AVAILABLE AT THE RECEPTION OF THE "COMPTOIR DU LAURAGAIS" STORE
(located in the car park 200 meters away at the level of the stairs).
For any additional information (visiting time, distance to travel, etc.), you can contact Sylvaine, contact person for people with disabilities, on 05 61 81 69 46 or email@example.com.
|Monday||10:00 to 19:00|
|Tuesday||10:00 to 19:00|
|Wednesday||10:00 to 19:00|
|Thursday||10:00 to 19:00|
|Friday||10:00 to 19:00|
|SATURDAY||10:00 to 19:00|
|Sunday||10:00 to 19:00|
EXCEPTIONAL CLOSURE ON SEPTEMBER 19, 2023
|Monday||11:00 to 18:00|
|Tuesday||11:00 to 18:00|
|Wednesday||11:00 to 18:00|
|Thursday||11:00 to 18:00|
|Friday||11:00 to 18:00|
|SATURDAY||11:00 to 18:00|
|Sunday||11:00 to 18:00|
Closed at 17 p.m. on December 24 and 31 Closed on December 25
| Child rate |
Guided tour + School group quiz
| Child rate |
Guided tour without quiz school group
| Adult rate |
Adult group guided tour
- French bank and postal checks
- Picnic area.
- Screening Room
- Audio guide
- Hearing impairment
- Mental handicap
- Physical disability
- Groups of 8 to 35 people welcome