This windmill is typical of Lauragais: it dates from the XNUMXth century and is built with local bricks.
Owned in 1649 by Bernard de La Font, Lord of Caragoudes and king's adviser to the Parliament of Toulouse, it became, a century later, the property of the Jonquières family. It's a flour mill. It is therefore representative of Lauragais and retains mechanisms dated in part from the end of the 1796th century: two pairs of grindstones on the raised ground floor, the support and regulation system in the base as well as all the elements of wheel drive up to the motor shaft, one part of which bears the date XNUMX.
It is one of the first Lauragais mills to have been protected from destruction.
Indeed, with the progress of the Industrial Revolution and the arrival of flour mills running on electricity, the French government prohibited throughout the twentieth century to build or renovate the mills. The latter were therefore doomed to destruction for lack of maintenance.
The roof of this structure was redone in the early 1960s and the tower consolidated in 1993.
- Groups of 8 to 10 people welcome