Sublimate fresh seasonal products accompanied by the undisputed star of the palmipeds in the South-West! Here is the recipe for marinated duck aiguillettes, foie gras and green asparagus skewers!
|Number of persons||Preparation time||Cooking time|
|4 people||2h||20 to 25 minutes|
For the skewers
- 1 block of raw foie gras
- 24 raw duck aiguillettes (about 450 gr)
- 1 teaspoon of fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the marinade
- 1 clove of garlic
- 6 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of sweet and sour sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame
- 1 level teaspoon of 5 spices
- 1 kg of green asparagus (about 250 gr per person)
- Olive oil
- Salt pepper
- Make your marinade by mixing the 5 spices, soy sauce, sweet and sour sauce and honey. Peel, de-germinate and chop the garlic clove. Add half of the chopped garlic to the bowl.
- Mix thoroughly. Add the aiguillettes and mix the meat with the marinade. Leave on for at least 1 hour.
- Bring 1L of water to a boil, cut the base of the asparagus stems before peeling them using a peeler. Trim them so they're all the same length before washing them thoroughly.
- When the water boils, leave the asparagus for 18 to 20 minutes depending on their size.
- Mix the spoonful of fine salt and the spoonful of ground black pepper in a bowl. Cut the block of raw foie gras into fairly thick slices (the thickness of duck aiguillettes) then cut each slice in half. Each half-slice of foie gras should be the size of a nice walnut. Quickly roll the half-slices of foie gras in the salt / pepper mixture in the salad bowl. Then reserve these half-slices of foie gras on a board.
- Prick 3 pieces of duck aiguillettes and 3 half-slices of foie gras on a wooden pick, alternating them. Repeat for the other wooden picks as well as the rest of the ingredients. You should end up with 8 skewers of duck aiguillettes. Let these skewers rest for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before moving on.
- At the end of this time, dry heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the rest of the garlic, and some olive oil. Place the skewers and cook for 10 minutes, turning them halfway through cooking. The foie gras melts quickly, stay vigilant. The duck aiguillettes must remain pink in their center.
- Dressing… It's ready!